Monday, November 21, 2011

Which birth control pill works better to treat acne: ortho ticyclen or ortho tricyclen lo??

I was on ortho tricyclen lo for 1 month a long time ago, and within that month, my skin was completely blemish free, plus I lost a good 10 pounds!! I read that ortho tricyclen is prescribed to treat acne and is clinically proven to clear up the skin, but when I inquired about ortho lo, I found that it isnt proven to treat acne, yet like I said, it worked for me before... so now I am starting ortho tricyclen to see if it works since it IS prescribed for acne, but Im wondering if I shouldve stuck with the ortho lo... if anyone has any info or experiences they can share, I would be more than happy to read them. Thanx!!Which birth control pill works better to treat acne: ortho ticyclen or ortho tricyclen lo??
Your best bet would be to ask your doctor which works better.


No offence sweet heart,but this isnt a question for Yahoo Answers.


It all depends on your how your horomones are effected by the BC itself.You can get other peoples opinions,but everyone is different.Some are effected differently.One might work wonders on your face.The other might make things worse.


Again...just talk to your doctor.





Good luck!Which birth control pill works better to treat acne: ortho ticyclen or ortho tricyclen lo??
I found Yasmin worked really well to help make my skin clearer and stopped blemishes - maybe check it out or ask your doc
all of them do .
I wouldn't take the risk, birth control pills can be dangerous. So think of it this way would you rather have acne or have cancer and lose your breasts or die?
Hi,





I totally know where you're coming from. I struggled with really, really bad acne about 2 years ago. Intially I tried tetra-cyclin and retin-a. However, my skin got freakishly dry and I started getting a weird rash on my face.





I quickly stopped taking them and tried Proactive. That sure was a waste of money. I finally started showering directly after the gym and found that this helped tremendously. I also tried a free product I got on the net called Beautiful Skin. Believe it or not, it worked way better than the prescription stuff! I only paid $4.95 for shipping for a month supply. I re-ordered and I use it to make sure I don't get back my zits. It also has tea tree oil which feels really good on my skin.





Here's the link if you want to get it, I think it's the best thing I've ever bought for the price $4.95


http://www.alllsite.info/beautiful-skin.鈥?/a>





Good Luck!
Honestly, all birth control pills help with acne. They take total control of your hormones. It's wonderful. Tri-cyclen is the only one who has that as part of the patent that it treats acne, so because it's on the patent, the other pills can't make the same claim. if you're doing well on the lo dose, I'd stay with it. The fewer hormones it takes to do the job, the better. I was on the lo dose and had trouble with irregular periods, but a lot of people really like it. low side effects.





What's with all the anti birthcontrol talk?
I struggled with acne for years and I finally found the solution that works for me. We have been fooled, tricked, deceived, and just plain lied to. It's time that someone put a stop to it, and everyone learn the truth!





Those of us who suffer from acne have usually been given 2 choices and neither of them work:





1. Over the counter remedies such as cleansers, creams, ointments, etc. These things have been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





2. Go see a doctor and or dermatologist. They will generally prescribe prescription drugs which include topicals and or antibiotics. This, too, has been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





I found a step-by-step program that cured my acne and it has never come back. It is amazing and doesn鈥檛 use any drugs or doctors. The truth is that acne can be cured鈥f we know the secret the doctors and drug companies don鈥檛 want us to know.





There is a great website: http://cure-my-acne.info/3daycure/ that has all the details. I really suggest you check it out and see if it works as well for you as it did for me.
If you think that acne sucks, wait until the pill gives you cancer. The active ingredients in the pill are hormones. Hormone-related cancers include breast, ovarian and uterine cancer. There's a lot of information that's widely available on the subject -- much of it straight from the Mayo Clinic.





It doesn't mean that everyone who takes it will get it, and obviously birth control pills serve a very important purpose in our culture, but if it comes down to a choice between a regular dermatologist and some dieting, I'd nix the pills.





(2 days later, folks) Listen, nothing is wrong with birth control. It should be more frequently used: for the right reasons. Treating acne and losing weight are wonderful but they are frivolous uses for human hormones, which come with risks and benefits, just like any other drug.
  • social networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment