Monday, August 23, 2010

Anyone know of a method to treat severe acne?

Please don't say Proactiv because it didn't work?Anyone know of a method to treat severe acne?
There is a natural astringent sold in pharmacies and grocery stores called ';Witch Hazel'; or ';Hammelis Water';. It cleans up the oils on your face without drying it out too bad - a lot of products today dry the skin and make the problem worse. It comes in a bottle just like rubbing alcohol, and should cost less than a dollar.





Wash your face with gentle soap and water, and then wet a cotton ball with the witch hazel, and wipe down your face.





A good soap is Liquid Neutrogena, but only use a LITTLE bit, and make foam in your hands before you put it on your face.





If your skin is oily, you probably won't have to moisturize, but if you do, make sure to get something good (expect to pay for the quality).





If it is very severe, you can go to a doctor and explain your problem. It may be that there are deeper problems, such as a chemical or hormonal imbalance, and they might be able to help you figure it out.Anyone know of a method to treat severe acne?
accutane. its expensive and make your skin dry up, but its worth it because you'll never break out again. you would see improvement within the first month and depending on how severe it is, you'll have to be on it a few months. consult with a dematologist.
Drink alot of water and don't eat too much fried foods
put rubbing alchohol in it
neutrogena products are cheap and WORK SO GREAT! i had acne problems and tried biore, and proactiv, both were too harmful too my sensitive skin. neutrogena works on all skin, and it's totally affective. try it, u'll love it, garunteed.
I got best answer for a question just like this, I said:


ZoDerm, ask for a prescription from your pediatrician. I used it faithfully, and after 1 week, it gave me GREAT results. ZoDerm comes in a cream, a gel, and a face wash, I got the face wash first, then got the cream, bcuz, it was just easier for me to remember to be put on cream b4 bed. you use it twice a day, and it works awesomely!!! ! swear by this stuff!
Accutane worked extremely well for me--my skin ';learned'; from the Accutane and is now a little drier and easier to handle. You have to be careful not to get pregnant if you are a woman--bad birth defects! This product changed my attitude towards my face--made me like my skin so much more.....good luck!
If Proactive did not work then you need to go see a dermatologist they can guide you best.
Proactive did not work for me either , so my doctor prescribed me Benzaclin. It is a topical antibiotic for your skin. It works great!
Proactive didn't work for me either. I tried arbonne international's skincare for acne and it WORKED!! their website is www.arbonne.com





Good Luck IT WORKS!!!
No. Stay at home until you're 37!





Only kidding. I'm sure the advice given by other people will help.
One must first be made aware of what it is that causes acne in the first place,and do not take anything I say personal as their are many people have acne but are duped into thinking of other causes and making enormous profits from this problem.


First, personal hygiene wash your face often with a natural soap(meaning no chemicals added) each morning and evening before bed. Second, do keep fresh linens on your pillow and bed as your face and body secrets oils and dead skin. when a pillow is not changed on a regular basis the oils from your unwashed casing gets rubbed back into your face and shoulders causing the pours to get clogged and then backing up the oils that would otherwise (naturally) come from them.


And in washing your linens use medium hot water with a natural detergent allowing them to soak for at least half hour to degenerate trapped oils in the linens. check your phone book for listings of natural food stores in your area. call them before you go ask if they have a natural detergent.
proactiv doesn't work for me either.





try a prescription called BENZAC a/c





best thing I ever used.
Stop drinking coffee (any kind of it). replace it with green tea or something without caffeine. coffee stops your toxic ';stuff'; to come out, it sucks watter from you so everything gets stucked in your skin and body. and drink a looooooot of watter. it helped me. :) and CHOCOLATE IS ONE OF THE CAUSES OF ACNE!!! sorry for my baaaaad english......
If you have severe acne and the over the counter drugs aren't working then you need to go to your doctor or dermatologist. I had bad acne when I was younger...very bad and nothing would work. I tried tretacyclene (spelling) and that did nothing. So the strongest thing you can get is something called Accutane. It is basically a pill that has extremely high levels of Vitamin A, and it can pretty much cure you of acne...period. Its very dangerous, the side effects are horrible. Some include extemely painful migrains that can occur at the drop at a hat, some which would cause me to fall to the ground grabbing my head in pain. Your lips are completely chapped for as long as your on it, and there is nothing to help that, no matter how much chapstick you put on. The list goes on and on, and a lot of the side effects are different for each person. On side effect is also death, so that tells you how serious this stuff it. They prescribe it to you in mg, according to you weight and then you have to get you blood tested every month, to check and monitor you liver so you dont destroy it. It is also very expensive. I went on two rounds of it, which was about a year or so. And since then about 7 years ago, I rarely ever get one pimple or zit. Nothing, maybe once in a great while, but I never have to worry about them. My face and skin is perfectly clear with no scaring at all, and I had acne bad. It was well worth the side effects, the testing and the money. So I would talk to your doctor and see what more information he can give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment