Friday, July 23, 2010

Has anyone here ever been prescribed The Pill in order to treat acne/skin issues?

What type of pill? Did it work?





ThanksHas anyone here ever been prescribed The Pill in order to treat acne/skin issues?
2 pills are recommended for this purpose, Dianette and Yasmin. Many doctors have concerns about Dianette as it raised DVT (clot) risk to 50/100,000/year and in fact has no long term contraceptive license.Has anyone here ever been prescribed The Pill in order to treat acne/skin issues?
Yes, there has been an increase in this as there are more young ladies who are finding there periods are very heavy, irrgular and breakouts of acne and so on, so they go on The Pill as it helps regulate this and balances the hormones.


If you visit your doctor they will presribe which one is best for you.





All the best hun x
I was prescribed Yaz oral contraceptive, and it cleared my cystic acne breakouts up. They occurred around my period the same time every month, so my breakouts were related to hormones. My doctor was right! Yaz helped!
yes.. not me actually. but my friend.. well just say her name is ';Shamalamadingdong'; .. wellll... shammalammadingdong takes this pill.. and i guess its helping her acne.. and her forehead is really cleared up! its craaaazy!!!! maaann!!! i think it gives you mood swings er sumthin tho.. i think my sister took them to when she was a little younger. shes like 19 now. but it does work.. for some people.. ask your dermatologist please. :D
Ive been on cilest and marvelon and both have cleared up my acne i had before its great! the doctor might want to try you on other prescribed pills and creams first though to see if that works if you are under 16.
Yep. See my question above lol I just asked my mum if I can try it





I've heard it def works that's why I want to try it. I assume the doctor would give you one that works well for acne
Any contraceptive pill can give good affects for acne. God bless.
I started on the patch and it worked awesome. Then i did nuvaring and it still worked okay. Now I'm on Yaz and I don't think I've had any problems since.
No I haven't. Sorry.
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment